Internal Quality Assurance Cell
The IQAC of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences was constituted in the year 2008 in order to advocate the quality sustenance stipulated by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
The primary aim of the IQAC is to develop the system for concise, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- Develop and application of quality benchmarks for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of the higher education.
- Awarding the departments and the faculties for their performance annually.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related things and promotion of quality circles.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on quality parameters.
- Preparation of the various departments for NBA Accreditations and subsequently leading them to ABET / ACBSP Accreditation.
- Participation of the institution in the NIRF ranking (National Institutional Ranking Framework).
Parameters for Internal Auditing
- Monitoring the teaching learning process through Course file auditing.
- Initiating auditing on Question paper setting and evaluation through the Controller of Examination Office.
- Experiential Learning such as industry visits, internships and projects.
- Learning beyond Curriculum – participation of the students in the guest lectures, seminars, conferences and workshops arranged within and outside the institution.
- Conducting meetings at all levels as per a schedule.
- Student support and progression.
- Alerting the department for student and faculty achievements in terms of competitive examination and publication required with regard to accrediting bodies.